Friday 7 October 2011

Learning about Social Media

Ahh.. the buzz word for online entrepreneurs nowadays. It seems that everyone and anyone who has access to internet would have heard of Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Stumbleupon, Pinterest, etc. I am relatively still a newbie when it comes to the world of social media.

I created my Twitter account early this year but only in the last month or so have actively used it. I have a Facebook page which I just literally created a few days ago. As for the others (Tumblr, Stumbleupon, Pinterest, etc) I still have not had the time to explore it. I need to catch my breath first!

If you come across my blog, most likely you would have visited either my Madeit or Etsy one of my shops and decided to check out the person behind it. As an online entrepreneur (I like my new fancy sounding title) I should not ignore the power of free marketing through the use of these platforms. All crafters are constantly on a tight budget (except maybe Martha Stewart, but then she is too busy trying to manage her 1 million different projects than to craft personally). I have decided that I need to find budget friendly (i.e FREE) ways to promote and market my products. There is so much to learn that I am information overload within the hour. Need to take baby steps.


Ok next on the list - Pinterest. So stay tuned folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading comments from my readers. Let me know what you think. Thanks :)