Monday 24 October 2011

Felt Forest Friends

Sewing has always been one of my favorite crafts and is my first love. I have sewing machine but I am embarrassed to say that I rarely use it. I seem to have a phobia when it comes to using the machine. I have nightmares that it will come alive with a mind of its own when my foot touches the pedal. Losing control is one of my fears and I suppose that the comfort of being able to control what I do makes hand sewing my preferred choice. That being said, I am making a New Year's resolution to learn how to use the sewing machine properly so I can make a dress for myself (inspired by Jess' dress in her Frocktober blog post)

I may not be making dresses yet but I sure love to make felt animals. This is what I have made over the weekend

Henry The Hedgehog

Barry the Beaver
Hand sewn by me with wool blend felt and stuffed with new poly fibre fill. I will be making more of these for my upcoming Nov and Dec markets as well as other felt animals in the mix.

Follow my blog to know to which markets I will be attending in the coming months!

1 comment:

I enjoy reading comments from my readers. Let me know what you think. Thanks :)